Western Michigan University Scholarships is now open for applications from suitably qualified students. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students sponsored by the Western Michigan University.
About the Scholarship
The WMU Global Education Merit Scholarship offers a scholarship with annual awards of $5,000 based on merit to first-time international students (dispersed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum duration of 4 years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters).
Scholarship is awarded for tuition only. The scholarship supports your success at WMU: one of the most affordable, public research institutions in the Midwestern USA.
WMU’s International Student and Scholar Services (I3S)—a unit of the Haenicke Institute for Global Education—connects international students to additional financial resources such as on-campus employment and other scholarship sources.
Benefits of Western Michigan University Scholarships
The Western Michigan University Global Education Merit Scholarship offers a scholarship with annual awards of $5,000 based on merit to first-time international students (dispersed at $2,500 for Fall and Spring semesters) for a maximum duration of 4 years (equal to 8 semesters for Fall and Spring semesters).
Scholarship is awarded for tuition only.
Requirements for Western Michigan University Scholarships
1. Complete academic admission with all application materials AND required Personal Statement essay received by March 1, 2023. No additional application is necessary.
Personal Statement Essay (REQUIRED):
2. You are required to submit a one-page (maximum 500-word), typewritten essay with your online application by deadline.
In the essay, please explain and highlight your curricular and co-curricular achievements and activities related to your current plans and goals at Western Michigan University and beyond.
3. Undergraduate degree-seeking student entering WMU for the first time after secondary school or transfer from another post-secondary institution in a FALL semester. This includes undergraduate degree pathway programs.
4. Non-resident international status.
5. Intending F-1 SEVIS active full-time students to study in the US.
6. 3.5 minimum cumulative GPA (on a four-point scale).
Documents Required for Application
1. Copy of passport identification page.
2. Proof of English language proficiency.
3. Transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates.
4. $100 non-refundable application fee.
5. Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance.
How to Apply Online
Interested and qualified candidates should APPLY HERE
March 1, 2023.