The 2022 Nigeria Police Force recruitment in on going interested applicants should grab these opportunity while the portal is still open. Applicants should make available all required documents because no extension of date will be given.
What Is the Nigeria Police Force?
The Nigeria Police Force is the principal law enforcement agency in Nigeria. It has staff deployment across the 36 states of the country and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The command and control of the Nigeria Police Force is under the Inspector General of Police.
Duties of The Nigeria Police Force
Section 4 of the Police Acts and Regulations lists the duties of the police force to include:
- The prevention and detection of crime.
- The apprehension of offenders.
- The preservation of law and order.
- The protection of life and property.
- The due enforcement of laws and regulations with which they are directly charged.
- The performance of such military duties within and outside Nigeria as may be required of them by or under the authority of the police act or any other act.
Why Do People Want to Join the Nigerian Police Force?
People join the force with self reasons. As an officer of the Nigerian Police, you are guaranteed 35 years of service without fear that you will lose your Job, you also have access to pension schemes and gratuity that will enable you leave comfortably even after retirement.
The Nigerian police Recruitment 2022
The Nigeria Police Force has announced its 2022
Recruitment for Constables Recruits and the PSC
recruitment portal will be open on August 2022.
By virtue of Paragraph 30(A) of the 3rd Schedule,
Part 1 of the Constitution and Section 14 of the
Nigeria Police Act, 2020, the Commission has power to Appoint such other Persons to offices in the Police Force as are required for the effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Police Force on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed by the Commission.
What Are the Requirements to Join the Nigerian Police Force?
In pursuance of its Constitutional Mandate, the
Commission in conjunction with the Nigeria Police
Force invites applications from suitable, vibrant and
qualified young Nigerians to take advantage of this opportunity.
Applicants are required to meet the following requirements:
a) Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess a
National ldentification Number (NIN)
b) Not less than 18 years or more than 25 years of Age (as at Ist January, 2022 and 31st December, 2022)
c) Not less than 167 metres in height for male and
1.64 metres for female
d) Have a full expanded chest measurement of not
less than 86 cm (34 inches) for men only
e) Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment
f) Not suffering from any form of mental or physical
g) Be free from any financial embarrassment
h) Be of good character and must not have been
found guilty of any criminal offence
i) Must present verifiable references from any two (2) of the following persons: Traditional Rulers,
Magistrates, Local Government Chairmen, Heads of
Educational Institutions Attended, Career Civil
Servants not below the rank of Grade Level 12, Police officers not below the rank of CSP, or Military
Officers not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB results with at least five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
Method of Application:
To apply for this, you need the following:
1.) Functional email address (Note that this email shall be used for most official correspondence with
applicants during the course of the exercise)
2.) National Identification Number (NIN)
3.) Softcopies (scanned) of recent passport
photograph, SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB results and
How To Apply For The Nigerian Police Recruitment?
Interested applicants should visit the Nigerian Police Force recruitment portal via https://www.recruitment.psc.gov.ng and proceed with the following:
- On the homepage, click on Apply and then signup with your email and preferred password (Use a
password you can remember)
- Open your email and click on the link sent to you to verify and activate your account
- Sign in with your email and password after your account activation
- Update your profile, provide all necessary attachments and ensure you use the phone number linked with your NIN (if any)
- Review the information provided and ensure there are no mistakes before final submission
- You will receive an email confirmation of your application which you would be expected to print and present at the physical screening venue if you are selected for this stage
- Furthermore, the email will contain a link to your profile that would enable you printout your details a your convenience.
Successful candidates, thereafter, are advised to print out their Invitation Slip and proceed to the Police Training College/School indicated against their names.