We are pleased to inform you that LSHTM GSK Scholarships is now open for applications from suitably qualified students. It is a fully funded scholarship for all students sponsored by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
About the Scholarship
Founded in 1899 at the London Docks, LSHTM is now based in Bloomsbury, where it has two main sites at Keppel Street and Tavistock Place, and additional sites in The Gambia and Uganda.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Benefits of LSHTM GSK Scholarships
Three scholarships are available for the 2023-2024 academic year. Each scholarship will cover the following;
1. Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
2. A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
Requirements for LSHTM GSK Scholarships
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
1. Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa
2. Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM
3. Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study by submitting the Supplementary Questions Form
4. Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements
5. Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level
6. Hold an offer of admission for 2023-24 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based intensive MSc programs of study.
7. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
March 1, 2023.